Tuesday, July 10, 2012

She Haunts Me

Why do you haunt me so
in my dreams where I cannot let you go
my every thought you have taken captive,

I think of you days on end
Now it's into my dreams you asend
and my insomnia becoming massive.

I don't want to fall into a stage of slumber
where your voice echos like thunder
in my dreams is where you reign,

You once ruled my daily life
but now the tormentor of my nights
as thoughts of you consume my brain.

Why have you become the ghost in my dreams
stretching my sanity to it's seams 
torturing every realm of my mind,

My thoughts are no longer my own
because in my dreams is where you roam
and there is so much pain left behind.

All I want is to dream in peace
but my thoughts of you will not cease
as my eyes begin to close,

You could have haunted anyone else
and left me by myself
why is it my dreams you chose?

Written from Mayo Correctional Institution



No comments:

Post a Comment