Sunday, February 9, 2014

Sister

My sister dear, is with me here
Always in my heart and mind
She was the red headed babe in the bassinet that was one of my first wonders
How could a baby have all that red hair among the whiteness of her infant life I'll never know
The memory of that sight will never be forgotten as it was my sister
My red headed one
The years have flown by and we have aged
The good , the bad, and the ugly is all part of it now
But the pleasant images in my minds eye are what I see
My sister and me
The red headed one

Written by Michael Catapano


3 comments:

  1. Great poem Mike! Thanks for contributing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks George, yours are better. Good idea this poem/place :)

      Delete
  2. My brother dear,
    You made me tear.
    You are a crystal
    In my eye,
    And a beat
    In my heart
    Know that I've
    Loved you
    From my very start!

    ReplyDelete