Saturday, September 20, 2014

?


Excuse me if I feel a little poetic
It seems no one is sympathetic
tired of being apologetic
because it's starting to feel real pathetic.

So let me speak these words of rhyme
Show you what goes through my mind
as I sit here and pass this time
reflecting on what was left behind.

A person I thought I had by my side
yet, I guess love is able to divide
in her I should not have confide
because her love only quivered and died.

People I thought I could trust
how quickly friendships turn to dust
as loyalties began to bust
leaving me stained with the color of rust.

To my family I caused so much pain
the cause I need not to explain
look to others, yet find myself to blame
myself the only one to be shamed

A life riddled of addiction
bringing chaos and total destruction
That created  brain malfunction
with insanity in it's conjunction 
 
So as you can plainly see
It's time for some disaster relief
on the person I used to be
before my life completely depletes.
 
Written by: George Lynch
while at Mayo Correctional Institution 

No comments:

Post a Comment