Sunday, July 8, 2012

Double Mirror

It's hard for me to look in a mirror,
image is a funny thing... you see.
Reflection of who I am : Hate, addiction, Lies,
 Lust, envy, and greed: It looks like me.

What if I'm looking in the wrong Mirror
and it's all a big trick?
The enemy is the father of lies
Self-destruction is what he would want me to think.

So what if I turn my eyes to the Lord,
for an reflection of another kind?
Love, Patience, Gentleness, and honesty,
Now there's an image I want to be mine.

I must stay with the reflection of the Lord,
To rid myself of this vanity.
Stop looking in the enemies mirror,
because it's trying to steal my sanity
.
The Lord's reflection is the one I want for my life,
a reflection of beauty crystal clear.
So when the enemy tries to trick me by switching mirrors,
It will be all I can do to laugh at him without any fear.

Written from Mayo Correctional Institution

No comments:

Post a Comment