Thursday, July 5, 2012

Farewell Disguise


In my life I have hid behind my disguise,
not wanting any to know who was I,
and if I could replay the not so wise,
you would know how deep the problem lies.

Underneath a surface so cold,
there is always a story to be told,
of one who's afraid to step into the fold,
trusting in something he cannot hold.

Although faith is made by the step,
and trusting is how promises are kept,
finding I would never be left,
I removed my disguise to show the rest.

Here I stand face to face,
I've moved around but never changed place,
but now I'm ready to open my case,
it may be too soon but better than too late.

Now here I stand in front of you,
It's your decision on what you do,
you can walk away if you choose,
or love me for who I've changed into.

Written from Mayo Correctional Institution

 

No comments:

Post a Comment