Friday, February 7, 2014

Seeking Sunrise


I know you had to go,
but it's so hard for me.
Even when I wasn't there,
I never wanted you to leave.

I had the very best of you,
in the palm of my hand,
but in my complete blindness,
you sifted like grains of sand.

All the signals you must have given,
how could I ever have missed?
Your unconditional love,
everyday that I risked.
 
Then when it flat lined,
I guess I was surprised.
But I should have seen it coming,
through the windows of your eyes.
 
You never know what you have,
until it is gone.
What I had in you,
brought each days dawn.
 
So now my days are dark,
because the sun doesn't rise.
And I waste every wish,
on the darkness to subside.
 
Written by George Lynch
While at Mayo Correctional Institution
Dedicated to H.S. 

No comments:

Post a Comment