Tuesday, February 11, 2014

We Need to Talk

To The Father:
 
Father, please hear me,
because we need to speak.
Memories of my past pulling at my soul,
and I'm starting to grow weak.

Can I really change,
Will I really make it?
Because I feel doomed,
lost forever and forsaken.
 
Why does life hurt so much?
I feel cursed on this earth.
Wondering about my life,
trying to see what it's worth.
 
So many distractions,
drawing me away from You.
Wanting to give up,
needing Someone to hold onto.
 
So please hear me Father,
As I cry out to Thee.
Please Father, open my eyes,
So that your son shall see.
 
 To The Son:

Son, First of all I do hear you,
not just some, but all of the time.
So never be afraid,
to tell Me what's on your mind.

Memories make it hard to deal,
but they won't hurt for long.
Remember when you're weak,
It is I who makes you strong.

Change will come,
and that's for sure.
Trust in Me, Son,
and worry no more.

Life is priceless,
this you should know.
It is your soul,
to follow me where I go.

So don't get distracted,
I will open your eyes to see.
Then you can follow your Father,
to a Life of Eternity.

Written by George Lynch
While at Mayo Correctional Institution

No comments:

Post a Comment