Monday, February 3, 2014

Fairwell Disguise


In my life I have hid behind my disguise,
not wanting any to know who was I,
and if I could replay the not so wise,
you would know now deep the problem lies.

Underneath a surface so cold,
there is always a story to be told,
of one who's afraid to step in the fold,
trusting in something he cannot hold.

Although faith is made by the step,
and trusting is how promises are kept,
finding I would never be the only one left,
I removed my disguise to show the rest.

Here I stand face to face,
I've moved but never changed place,
know I'm ready to open my case,
too soon is better than too late.

Now here I stand in front of you,
It's your decision on what you do,
turn and walk away if you choose,
or love the person I've changed into.
 
Written by George Lynch
While at Mayo Correctional Institution

No comments:

Post a Comment